Friday, February 15, 2008

The Most Awesome Freakin Slide in the World!!


Can you believe this freakin slide? Is it not the "S"!? Speaking of "S", the park' management asks that you please take home with you any pet excretions you might come across.

This is Manta Park and its down the street from our new place. I didn't even think about parks when we found our house, but you know it really does add to quality of life when you have little ones like we do. And did I mention it has a really cool slide?

I'm not going to bore you with more dialogue about my overall sense of happiness with the place we got. I'll just put some videos and pictures up on this thing and then shut up.



The kids love this park. Audrey is starting to get a little more adventurous with the playground equipment and I'm glad to see that. She's always been very cautious. Emma on the other hand could care less. She shows an unhealthy lack of concern for the physical well being of her body. I respect her carefree courageousness but everyday I am filled with fatherly concern for her welfare.

And for those fans of the video of Audrey and Emma dancing to Soldier Boy (by the way, I was amazed at your ability to detemine that song from their rambling dance - amazing baby talk skills you have!), I have attached another video of Emma after landing at Narita Airport. She's in a good mood and decides to dance to "Hey Baby (pronounced Hay Baybay)". Enjoy.

3 comments:

MB said...

Ken,

Welcome to parenthood. I don't know if anybody ever tells a person that the chief impact of parenting is that it makes you far more vulnerable to the exigencies of life. That and the 20-year commitment to caring for and being responsible for another human being who grows bigger and more rebellious every year. It's a very humanizing and humbly experience. Congratulations and good luck . . .

deb said...

Hi Ken,

I'm home today working on my house--or recovering a little from working on my house over the weekend. Anyway, so there was nothing stopping me from laughing out loud, hard when after watching Emma dance and sing "Hey Ba-bay" I heard you say, "I hope you fall asleep!" Ah, that cracked me up.

Seems like the busier I got on my house, the fewer pictures I took. In case you've lost the link, it's here. (I hope I got that html right for that link).

That slide looks great!

MySchrödingerBaby said...

It seems one of the best things about discovering parenthood is just how much more fun things can be. I wish we had a slide like that in our neighborhood, but sometimes a cup full of rocks and a spoon can do just as well!