Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sisters

The kids are growing up man... Growing up fast. Little Emma can talk quite a bit now and Audrey, well, Audrey doesn't ever stop talking. Her Japanese is getting pretty damn good too. They fight all the freakin' time and I find myself losing my temper a lot. But I try to remind myself that thats what sisters are supposed to do right? Fight and cry and generally drive each other crazy. I sometimes view Audrey to be an evil tormentor who cleverly and hungrily finds poor little Emma's weak spots then exploits them to the full extent possible. There is no remorse, only the wicked satisfaction of retribution. The sweet revenge for all those time Emma took away the spot light, or got poor little Audrey in trouble for not sharing. But then from time to time I discover that Emma has been crying for no other reason than to bring big bad angry Dad's wrath down upon poor Audrey-chan. She uses me as a weapon to smite her bigger more powerful/smarter sister. I'm being cleverly manipulated by a two year old. They are both worthy advesaries of each other. Oh what a battle these two rage...

But its not all fighting and psychological warfare... There are really nice childhood experiences abound. I'd like to illustrate this for you. For instance sometimes we all enjoy a really good game of hide and seek. Please click on the next freakin adorable video link:

And here are the sisters dancing together to a "Wiggles" tune on the Disney Channel:

JUN-CHAN
















HIKARI-CHAN






8 comments:

mcgoughbulls said...

Hey Kenny,

My mom has a picture of my kids and their cousins lined up dancing to Wiggles about 5 years ago. Good entertainment! I know what you mean about the fighting. My parents' trick was often to "punish" both kids. Take the toy they are fighting over or something. Less motivation to tell, more incentive to work it out.

Good luck!

Barb

MB said...

Barbara leaves out my most brilliant strategy. When Barb and Debbie were about 3 and 4, I was home a lot "working" on a dissertation. Anyway they discovered that they could run crying to me and try to get me to take their side. I told them to work it out themselves or I would spank them both. That's probably not in the "good parenting" book, but I was not called on nearly as often and I felt a lot less manipulated and stuck.

Ken said...

That's a good one Mike, I like that. You're right, probably not from the book of good parenting but effective nevertheless!

John Hayato said...

Hey Ken, Sashiburi. Love reading your blog. Girls are adorable! :)

deb said...

Ya! And those videos are laugh-out-loud cute and funny. Good luck with the fighting. Yeah it's how it works as far as I can recollect. It's fun to hear Emma talking!

Love,
Deb

Kristine said...

Pictures can be so deceiving - they look like they absolutely adore each other in that first picture. I can't believe how much I miss them - I got the skype thing and the video camera, but I can't get the microphone to work. Its frustrating but I'm hoping to get it up by this weekend so I can visit with the girls. I can't believe how much they've both grown. I can see Jesse when he calls but he can't see or hear me!! Anyway I am working on it so we should all be in touch soon. Mykaela is graduating this June - I'll send her notices out this week *hopefully* I'm so behind.

mcgoughbulls said...

Hey Kristine, I thought the student was supposed to send them out...
About the microphone, we ended up having much better luck when we got a separate microphone. The ones with the cameras always had trouble. Of course, that meant I had to find a camera without a mic. Now when I set up my camera my computer crashes. When it works, it's alot of fun. Good luck! Barb

Kristine said...

Is the student supposed to send out the announcements?? That would be so helpful - she graduated yesterday and I ordered about 60 announcements and haven't sent out any.....good if its on her. I'll let her know she was supposed to. I feel better already! I'm still working on that skype thing. I do have a separate microphone and camera - I just can't or I haven't taken the time to get it all working right. Its on my endless list of things to do. Keep sending the videos Ken - those are so entertaining!! Kristine