Monday, September 22, 2008

Back to the Beach


Well summers finally fading away and fall is almost upon us. That means its a perfect time to go to the beach in Okinawa since the weather is bearable and the water still warm from the summer. On Sunday, my coworker and friend Kiyo and I took Audrey and Emma to Hamahiga Beach. He took some really nice photos that I thought I should share...




I don't mean to rub it in (well, actually yes I do) but we are 20 minutes away from this very quaint and beautiful beach. The ocean is calm, clear and feels like luke warm bath water this time of year. Only thing is the sand is not so nice because of Okinawa's coral base so its quite course.





Of course Audrey and Emma enjoy the beach very much. Maybe next year its time to take them camping up north. I need to figure out how to balance my work life better. I'm not giving myself enough time on the weekends to enjoy my family. This is something my father was very good at. Balancing work life and personal leisure. Okay, I'm getting too philisophical, back to the photos.







Here's a video of Audrey swimming in the ocean.



2 comments:

MB said...

I think being a parent it is natural to "complete the circle" by reflecting on your childhood, siblings and parents. I don't think one can understand one's childhood well until one is a parent. The complexities and challenges of parenting is very hard to understand unless you're doing it. I think I only understood the sternest of my father and the wisdom of my mother after I had faced, in a small way, some of the challenges they faced. As long as you show your love to your kids you've done half the job well. The other is trying to keep them healthy in body and mind and supporting them in developing their talents and realizing their dreams. That sometimes means that you have to be counsel them on the practical aspects of life.

MB said...

So do you celebrate Halloween there?